Hotel Floyd was built by Jack Wall and Kamala Bauers who bought the land in 2002 with the idea of bringing "green" lodging into downtown Floyd. Wall and Bauers are committed to the intentional growth of the beautiful town of Floyd and to introducing responsible tourism to the area.
Some of the "green" features of the hotel include:
- A 15 kw grid tied solar array installed on the roof of the main building
- 4 kw solar our Pet Friendly Units
- Energy efficient insulation features throughout the hotel
- Motion sensor lighting and faucets in public bathrooms
- Energy efficient heating and cooling systems
- Low flow shower heads (1 GPM) and toilets
On the grounds of the Hotel Floyd, visitors can find an array of beautiful plants and flowers.